Salary £23,500 pa
Creatively use your social media expertise to inspire and ignite action to help Compassion UK release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
About Compassion UK
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ centred, child focused, and church based.
This is an office-based role in our modern, ‘agile’ office with free parking, just 15- minute walk from Fleet station, 35 hours per week Monday – Friday with some flexible working required.
Generous benefits include 10% employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, Group Life and Income Protection cover on appointment and private healthcare and dental cover on successful completion of probationary period.
About the role
As Social Media Specialist, you will work within the fast paced, vibrant and collaborative Communications department. A natural storyteller with a passion for exceptional communication, you’ll spend your time sharing powerful stories of lives changed across Compassion UK’s social media channels and blog. Your key purpose will be to craft content to achieve maximum engagement across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest to see more children released from poverty in Jesus’ name.
* Actively maintain and promote Compassion UK’s Christian ethos and values;
* Management and development of social media channels;
* Content creation including blogs, social medial collateral and videos;
* Provide general communication support to the Content Team.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Experience of project managing and delivering social media content;
* Experience of growing social media channels within a business context;
* Passionate about social media content trends;
* Good project management skills;
* Core office/administrative skills.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
Graphic design and photography skills;
Video editing experience;
Experience using social media monitoring and scheduling platforms.
We need you to be:
* Personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote Compassion’s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work.
* Deeply connected to Compassion’s ministry to children.
* Aligned to Compassion UK’s cultural attributes.
* A ‘people person’ and a great listener and communicator.
* Creative, innovative and flexible.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
The closing date for completed applications is 9:00am 20th January 2020. Interviews w/c 3rd February 2020.
Please note that we can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.
How to apply for the Social Media Specialist job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Social Media Specialist job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Web Design, Social Media, Communications, Communications Specialist, Social Media Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Officer, Marketing Communications Officer