About the Role:
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”: a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The sensor processes thousands of events per second to provide deep visibility into operations on the endpoint, and performs rich correlation and computation to identify malicious events and blocks malicious activity.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, correlates malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
Join CrowdStrike and become a key leader building the most innovative endpoint security solution in the world. Our sensor development team is responsible for building the endpoint sensor, deployed on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to make significant contributions to the design and implementation of major development projects. You will be required to identify solutions and collaborate with others to implement our features. You will work on stimulating problems borne out of the scale of our deployment and the stringent performance and security requirements of our sensors.
* Provide key contribution on the sensor development team involved in architecture, in implementation, and improvements to next generation Anti-Virus and Enhanced Detection and Response Security Software.
* Develop features from design to delivery including participation in product demo at the end of the sprint.
* Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various locations.
* Devise innovative solutions to hard performance or scale problems.
* Maintain the sensor up-to-date with the latest OS developments and patches.
What You’ll Need:
* Experience designing and producing high quality software
* Able to lead, mentor, communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
* Low-level OS knowledge in either Linux or iOS or Android
* Extensive experience with C++, Java and System Development
* Strong background in scalable systems
* Familiarity and experience with Agile process
* OS system expertise for core concepts and subsystems
* Familiarity with DevOps practices and technologies
* Familiarity with Python and Bash
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
* Market leader in compensation and equity awards
* Competitive vacation policy
* Comprehensive health benefits
* Paid parental leave, including adoption
* Flexible work environment
* Wellness programs
* Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law