Session Border Controllers & the Scrum Master Role
Our industry-leading session border controller product, Perimeta, is a cloud native, carrier class, solution that protects VoIP networks from attack whilst maintaining performance even under heavy load and is architected to handle distributed signalling and media.
Due to the growing success of this product, we are looking to recruit a new dedicated Scrum Master into the Engineering team responsible for Perimeta, based in our Midlands office. You will take a leading role helping multiple scrum teams become high-performing teams that rapidly develop new features and product enhancements – dealing with complex systems, large codebases, and high scale. We work with a wide range of technologies such as the latest virtualisation, container and cloud deployment technologies and currently use Jira to administer the scrum process.
After an initial training and ramp-up period, the successful candidate will be responsible for
* building high-performing Agile teams
* being an Agile advocate and coach across the whole company
* promoting Agile values, principles and practices within the teams
* coaching, mentoring and empowering the team
* working with the Product Owner to manage each team’s backlog effectively
* maximising trust and collaboration within the teams
* organising and running the scrum ceremonies
* organising the resolution of impediments within the teams and across the organisation, to optimize the teams’ velocities.
Who are Metaswitch?
Metaswitch is the world’s leading cloud native communications software company. Our award-winning solutions help power more than 1,000 service providers and mobile operators, providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of their networks. We are internationally renowned for our exceptional technology, cutting-edge innovation and first-rate support – qualities we maintain by only recruiting, and retaining, the very best people.
The Engineering team is the beating heart of Metaswitch and forms over half of our 900 employees – we are first and foremost an engineering company built on a community of driven, smart people who want to work in leading edge technology and make a real difference to our industry. We have a strong company ethos for on-time delivery of top-quality and high-performance products within a non-political culture.
We’re incredibly proud of our company culture. We have a collaborative working environment where free and open dialog is welcomed, we avoid internal politics at all costs. Our aim is to seek out the better, faster and simpler solution, while supporting, challenging and developing each other.
Our Midlands office is located on the outskirts of Coventry with good transports links into the city and to surrounding towns like Leamington Spa, Warwick, Rugby and Solihull and to the rest of the country and beyond. It is also close to a full range of amenities, including many excellent schools and there is easy access to beautiful countryside, such as the Cotswolds. The office is growing rapidly with a current headcount of 24 engineers.
For this position, we need someone who has the following skills/attributes.
* A graduate degree and a versatile and creative mind with excellent problem-solving ability
* Previous Scrum Master experience in one or more teams, along with a strong knowledge of scrum theory and practices
* Self-motivation, inventiveness, energy and self-discipline
* Excellent communications skills
* The ability to work effectively in a team and mentor/educate other team members
Our scrum masters often work closely with technical team members, so the following attributes are useful but not essential.
* Experience of all parts of the development process
* Knowledge of a variety of development tools and applications, from e.g. CI/CD with git at one end to gdb at the other
* Expertise in object oriented and scripting languages
* Experience working with very large codebases (multiple millions of lines of code) and complex systems
* Experience of communications and telecoms software (particularly SIP, DIAMETER and DNS)
We are looking for exceptional people and your initial salary will reflect your exceptional skills and ability.
We also offer a competitive package of benefits including a substantial bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and challenging job in a well-managed and successful company. Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people and we demonstrate that in a number of ways including regular funded “morale events” from lunches or evenings out with your team to weekends away.
Every employee has a career development plan with no limitations on the direction your career will take within Metaswitch.
Application and Selection
We want Metaswitch to be an awesome place to work and we know that when employees are trusted to manage their work/life balance, not only does it support their well-being, but increases their engagement and ultimately enables them to perform their role better. Metaswitch is pleased to take a flexible approach to working, and if you’re looking for some variability in your schedule, we encourage you to have this conversation with your interviewer!
To apply for this position, please send a
* covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at the same address or on (phone number removed).
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.
We look forward to hearing from you