|Location / Region:||
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
NOTE: This is a field-based account management role covering Illinois and Iowa territories.
- To manage Seqirus business at Integrated Delivery Networks and Public Health accounts within Regional territories, including Public Health Departments, State Immunization Projects, Hospital Systems, Accountable/Medical Care Organizations (ACO’s/MCO’s); to initiate and grow Seqirus’ entry into new customers; to account plans that will allow penetration, retention and growth within key customer segments; to support and oversee successful communication and negotiation.
- Regional Account Manager acts as the primary point of contact for Seqirus for a defined set of accounts (~20 accounts within their territory), analyzing and understanding sales trends for product sales to each account, achieving defined goals and objectives, and promoting a mutually beneficial business relationship while adhering to Seqirus Core Values.
- Works closely with Director, IDN/Public Health as well as National Accounts team to establish & execute tactical initiatives reflected in dedicated business plans, which align with the Americas & US influenza business unit objectives.
- Responsible for cultivating a close relationship with cross functional team colleagues in Sales, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Distribution / Logistics, Customer Service, and Public Affairs departments to implement corporate, market access and brand specific strategies and tactics.
- To learn business within other Seqirus segments; To interface with others account managers to avoid channel conflict.
Drives sales results to achieve / exceed specific sales volume, revenue, and profitability targets.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for Seqirus with assigned accounts. Fosters and develops multi-level and senior relationships to create a foundation for developing new business opportunities
- Analyzes accounts’ near-term and longer-term objectives and promotes consideration of company products and services to meet and align with identified objectives. Reports timely feedback regarding account trends and anticipated impact on sales. Provide timely and accurate forecast for each assigned account. Develops business cases & proposals for specific customer contract offers.
- With relationship depth and breadth of customer interaction at various (senior management clinical / financial / operational) levels of the customer’s organization, builds and maintains relationships with key individuals to enable market access of Seqirus vaccines, developing a favorable environment for pull-through at the national, regional, and local provider levels. Develops and sponsors key programs which address customer needs and enhances the customer value perception of Seqirus.
- Represents the Seqirus Customer Experience vision internally and externally; Acts as the voice of the customer with internal stakeholders to build Seqirus’ acumen on customer challenges; Develops and executes business solutions at customers that help enhance Seqirus’ partnership within Seqirus primary channels.
- Understands reimbursement at national and regional level
Works with internal and external stakeholders to enhance Seqirus position in the market
- Represents Seqirus at key trade and customer meetings / conferences. Coordinates customer training and in-services with Medical Affairs.
- Works with National and Regional Accounts Team to troubleshoot specific accounts to overcome reimbursement issues and barriers involving the Seqirus product portfolio.
- Collaborates with appropriate Seqirus business teams, marketing, and medical affairs to ensure alignment and full utilization of resources at account level. This includes utilization of marketing materials, execution of in-services, development and execution of marketing or other service agreements.
- Liaises with Contracts, Customer Operations, Legal, HR, and Finance to ensure successful outcomes for the responsible channels
- Uses available resources to improve regional account management and liaises with Marketing teams to develop pull-through plans and value-added service offerings
- Has a good understanding of reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Policy, Life Sciences or equivalent years’ experience.
- Minimum 4+ years vaccines sales experience; 7+ years B2B or Pharma equivalent sales overall
- Prior Vaccine Account Management experience highly preferred with a proven track record of successful account management demonstrated
- Experience with demonstrated results in the area of GPO, health system, retail, wholesaler/distributor contract negotiation & execution
- Experience in executing strategies with national accounts through cross-functional teams
- Highly collaborative experience working within a matrix environment across all levels of the sales team and broader commercial organization
- Proven success building local market relationships