IT&S is at the centre of BP’s Group Strategy. We use our data and technology expertise, to improve efficiency, increase effectiveness and harness the transformational potential of digital technologies and new business models.
Our innovations and achievements lead the way for BP to modernise the way it works. IT&S touches every part of BP and we have employees in over 30 countries.
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally. Personal growth and development is encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful. You are empowered to Explore, Think, Do.
If technology excites you, we want you!
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
You will join Salesforce Centre for Enablement (Salesforce C4E) team. Salesforce is one of the strategic IT&S platforms to enable BP digital transformation journey.
The Salesforce C4E team is a part of Developer platforms team in IT&S Enterprise. Our goal is to make sure that Salesforce Platform in BP is safe, reliable, easy to use and a pleasure to work with for all our customers: Professional Developers and Product teams as well as Citizen Developers across BP.
As a Platform Engineering Lead in the Salesforce Centre for Enablement you will:
- Drive BP Salesforce Citizen Developers program
- Design, build and deploy reusable Salesforce components and services as well as Salesforce applications to be used by Salesforce C4E and our customers (Segments and business’ Salesforce Product teams and Citizen Developers
- Drive Salesforce Developers Community
- Develop and enforce Salesforce design, code and quality assurance standards
- Provide support to Product teams and Citizen developers: Investigate and resolve Platform issues, action service requests, review code and configuration implemented by projects, manage multiple Salesforce Environments
Our IT platforms host our applications which provide business functionality for internal or external users.
Strong themes running throughout Platform Engineering include automation of manual activity, focus on operational integrity at scale, optimization of technical resources, and speed to value.
Team: You will be one of the more senior Platform Engineers, helping to define vision and maximizing value from current technical platforms and emerging technologies. You will help design, test and operate custom built or customized IT platforms aimed at improving business delivery processes. You will work according to professional engineering practices, including Internet protocols, coding standards and reviews, source control management, design and operations processes.
Core and field engineers: You may be part of the core platform team, developing and supporting the platform features, or you may be a field engineer embedded in an application team ensuring their success in using the platform to its full capability.
Platforms: You will provide thought leadership to iterate and improve technical standards for platform engineering. You will work with the team to create a clear vision and maximize value from current applications and emerging technologies, demonstrating technical thought leadership in your business area across a wide range of technologies.
Relationships: You will contribute to the continuous improvement of the wider IT&S team by supporting more junior Platform Engineers and actively improving the quality standards and efficiency of delivery.
Technology: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of platform improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for Platform Engineering and ensuring learning is shared across the team.
Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of security and compliance in everything that we do.
Experience and Capability:
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce industry standards and best practices
- Proven track record in building scalable programmatic and declarative automation (i.e. Apex, Process Builders, Visual Flow)
- Excellent understanding of GIT and Version Control Systems (e.g. Azure DevOps, BitBucket, GitHub)
- Experience with CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Copado etc)
- Experience with Salesforce Deployment tools (i.e. ANT/Force.com migration tool, Salesforce DX CLI).
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. NodeJS, Python, Shell, Groovy, Go.js)
- Track record of working in an agile environment and developing features from user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Following would be beneficial:
- Experience with Salesforce DX and Custom Plugins
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I, II
- Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer,
- Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
- Application Support
- Data Design
- Business Analysis
- Quality Management
- Release and Deployment
- Systems Integration
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Capacity Management
- Data Analysis
- Has good knowledge and understanding of modern development methodologies (Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban).
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Lean, flow, eliminating waste.
- Experience with modern approaches to source-code management and control through tools like TFS and Git/GitHub.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
A Bachelor’s or higher degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or other technical subject
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexible working arrangements. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options, which help people to achieve their full potential.