|Location / Region:||
Openshift DevOps/InfraOps Engineer
Initially a 3 months daily rate contract.
- Provide 2nd line support for the Openshift environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve Incidents and Requests from both internal technical teams (vmware, storage, networks, IT operations) as well as business users within agreed SLAs
- Work closely with clients support partner to help diagnose and troubleshoot Kubernetes/OpenShift related problems and propose solutions
- Provide in-house expertise and be hands on in the ongoing management of the openshift container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrades, patching, monitoring, troubleshooting, new platform integrations)
- Provide knowledge and expertise and actively participate in the development/implementation of infrastructure automation on OpenShift (IaC with Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Provide knowledge and expertise and actively participate in the development/implementation of application platform automation solutions based around containers and container orchestration.
- Provide knowledge and expertise and actively participate in the design and build out of tooling and processes to support CI/CD for applications running on the OpenShift platform (build, test, QA, security, deployment).
- Write scripts to automate and integrate projects within OpenShift, and automate existing manual flows (Ansible, Shell etc)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 + Years as a devOps/InfraOps engineer
- 2 + Years Red Hat OpenShift experience
- Experience in supporting business critical 24/7 platforms and solutions
- Experience developing automation solutions on modern container-based platforms
- Experience in automating deployments and developing IaC using Terraform, Chef or Ansible
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and best practices and continuous integration/automation tools (Source to Image, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Sonarqube, Junit, Git, etc.);
- Knowledge of Vmware, storage and networking
- Knowledge of mircoservices and associated technologies such as springboot
- Knowledge of Integration Solutions such as Apache Camel, Apache Ignite, Active MQ, API gateways a plus
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework for IT service management – foundation level certification an advantage
If you feel you are a good fit for this role and would like to apply, then please do submit your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided