With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
THIS IS A SENIOR FIELD-BASED ROLE THAT CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN U.S. Position Summary
• Act as the primary and singular point of contact with all Payers, developing and promoting a mutually beneficial business relationship for the US commercial team
• Uncover opportunities to partner and drive a differentiated portfolio for influenza vaccine
• Oversee “in-season” managed care business at the Retail Pharmacy, Wholesale/Distribution, GPO and IDN with a National scope; through the management of Seqirus cross functional teams to address existing and potential reimbursement issues.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure that a tactical plan to build appropriate reimbursement aligns with current and future brand pricing objectives and that the reimbursement team is able to execute such tactics.
• Establish and execute tactical initiatives reflected in dedicated business plans. These plans will align with the US influenza business unit objectives.
• Cultivate a close relationship with colleagues in Sales, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, and Public Affairs departments to implement corporate-market access and brand specific strategies and tactics. Learn the business within other commercial segments. Major Accountabilities: Drives sales results to achieve / exceed specific sales volume, revenue, and profitability targets.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for Seqirus with assigned accounts. Fosters and develops multi-level and senior relationships to create a foundation for developing new business opportunities
• Analyzes accounts’ near-term and longer-term objectives and promotes consideration of company products and services to meet and align with identified objectives. Reports timely feedback regarding account trends and anticipated impact on sales. Provide timely and accurate forecast for each assigned account. Develops business cases & proposals for specific customer contract offers.
• With relationship depth and breadth of customer interaction at various (senior management clinical / financial / operational) levels of the customer’s organization, builds and maintains relationships with key individuals to enable market access of Seqirus vaccines, developing a favorable environment for pull-through at the national, regional, and local provider levels. Develops and sponsors key programs which address customer needs and enhances the customer value perception of Seqirus.
• Represents the Seqirus Customer Experience vision internally and externally; Acts as the voice of the customer with internal stakeholders to build Seqirus’ acumen on customer challenges; Develops and executes business solutions at customers that help enhance Seqirus’ partnership within Seqirus primary channels.
• Understands reimbursement at national and regional level and Assures Seqirus products have market access at all National and select Regional health plans and PBMs Works with internal and external stakeholders to enhance Seqirus position in the market
• Represents Seqirus at key trade and customer meetings / conferences. Coordinates customer training and in-services with Medical Affairs.
• Promotes Seqirus portfolio of products to key customers that drives differentiation for Seqirus and successful long-term business relationships
• Collaborates with appropriate Seqirus business teams, marketing, and medical affairs to ensure alignment and full utilization of resources at account level. This includes utilization of marketing materials, execution of in-services, development and execution of marketing or other service agreements.
• Liaises with Contracts, Customer Operations, Legal, HR, and Finance to ensure successful outcomes for the responsible channels
• Uses available resources to improve regional account management and liaises with Marketing teams to develop pull-through plans and value-added service offerings.
• Has a good understanding of vaccine reimbursement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Policy, Life Sciences or related discipline with minimum 8+ years industry experience or equivalent years’ experience.
- Minimum 3+ years experience with vaccines B2B or Pharma equivalent sales
- Minimum 3+ years experience in vaccine reimbursement preferred, ability troubleshooting issues is preferred
- Minimum 3+ years experience in the Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and federal space preferred, specifically how it pertains to vaccine reimbursement.
- AAPC coding courses/ or equivalent a plus
- A proven track record of successful account management and executing national strategies.
- Experience in billing/coding for a Medical benefit.
- Demonstrated results in the area of GPO, health system, retail, wholesaler/distributor with vaccine reimbursement preferred