|Location / Region:||
The Insolvency Service is looking for an ambitious and creative communications professional to join our Press Office. You will be part of a small and dynamic team which promotes and defends the reputation of the agency with national, local and trade media.
Our work is often high profile. You’ll be confident engaging with journalists during the collapse of a high street brand or take an innovative approach when using Twitter and LinkedIn to highlight enforcement measures against company bosses who breached their responsibilities.
We’ll give you all the support you need to thrive, including an excellent learning and development offer, to develop the skills you’ll need to become a future communications leader.
About the Insolvency Service
The Insolvency Service is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, and delivers many services, including processing bankruptcies and Debt Relief Orders, making redundancy payments to employees, banning directors for misconduct and developing insolvency
1. working with colleagues to identify and write up stories that showcase our successes
2. building and managing effective relationships with journalists, using these networks to promote our successes, defend our reputation and enhance the understanding of the agency’s role
3. a key part of the communications team during high-profile and sensitive national liquidations
4. responding quickly and efficiently to bespoke media requests
5. Daily media monitoring sent to senior members of staff
6. Horizon-scanning to spot positive opportunities for the agency
7. Using our social media channels to increase the impact of our communications
8. promoting our media successes around the agency, ensuring results feed into internal and stakeholder content
9. collaborating with other communications colleagues across Whitehall, such as the BEIS press office, when necessary to ensure alignment of key messages
10. Delivering presentations to ensure greater understanding of the press office to our 22 regional offices across the UK
11. Assisting the Senior Press Officer and the Head of Channels and Campaigns where necessary