Job title – Marketing and Communications Manager
Role type – Permanent, full time
Based – Clerkenwell, London (please see office access statement )
Reporting to – Head of Digital
Artangel have been producing exceptional art experiences in unusual places for over three decades, find out more about what we do here .
The team that makes these projects happen is small, creative, and driven. We all meet regularly and every opinion is heard and valued. Our roles are clearly delineated, but collaboration, respect, and mutual support are essential for the success of the extraordinary projects we produce.
We are receptive to tailoring roles to the working styles and strengths of different people and supporting our employees as their career develops at Artangel. As an organisation, we learn from our team’s perspectives and experience and we work to recruit people from diverse backgrounds to maintain this valuable insight.
Purpose of the Role
Are you dedicated to finding creative ways of engaging and developing audiences?
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with artists, lead producers, and external partners to shape the messaging of each project. You will devise and implement captivating campaigns that grow audiences both online and at the projects and events we deliver.
The successful candidate will have a strategic approach to communications: a web-literate problem solver. You respond seamlessly to analytics and also know how to translate complex ideas into accessible copy and media. You enjoy what you do and know how to impart that enthusiasm to others: both internally and externally.
- Developing an overall communications and audience strategy in collaboration with the Directors and Head of Digital
- Devising creative means of engaging with audiences and delivering effective campaigns to promote Artangel’s programme
- Ensuring consistency of visuals, voice, values, and messaging across all our activities
- Commissioning, creating, and updating content including text, images, video and audio
- Editing our website and publishing to all our media and social media channels
- Producing and organising the distribution of marketing materials
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of strategy and activity, including audience research and analytics
- Acting as the lead contact for our external PR agency
- Developing and managing relationships with partners and stakeholders to ensure our work is appropriately foregrounded
Skills and Experience
- Two years’ minimum experience in marketing and communications
- Proven ability to communicate ideas internally and externally
- Comfortable working in a team that deals with different situations every day
- Able to work independently
- Experience of growing and broadening audiences
- Creative approach to running campaigns
- Experience of working in the arts
- Active commitment to accessibility and inclusion
- Experience of commissioning freelance creatives (photography, film, design)
- Experience of creating content directly (copywriting, photography, animation)
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We know that recruiting people from diverse backgrounds encourages our team to be vibrant, creative, and think differently. Our goal is for our staff to be reflective of the demographics of London. We welcome difference, be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender, or gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. We offer guaranteed interviews to BAME and disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Please see our office access statement and contact us by an email to discuss any adjustments you might need, either as part of the application process or for employment. Artangel are a Disability Confident Committed Employer .