Base Salary: circa £60,000
Closing date: ongoing
For more information about the role, please take a look at our Candidate Pack here:
Are you a Lead Cloud and Hosting Engineer who can help us beat cancer sooner?
In this role, you will oversee and manage the operational and project support requirements of the Cloud and Hosting team and be the escalation point for complex queries.
You’ll manage a team of Systems Administrators, prioritising and scheduling team workload with responsibility for the team monitoring the call queue. You’ll work closely with incident and problem management to ensure issues are dealt with promptly and logged in Service Now. You’ll review and approve Change Controls as well as reviewing and feeding into technical design and the strategic roadmap.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for someone to…
- Act as technical Lead for Cloud & Hosting team, providing consultation, architectural design and technical support in the delivery of cloud and web-based solutions.
- Play an integral role to ensure supported services are well architected, well governed, highly available and cost optimised.
- Act as delegate for Cloud and Hosting Manager at Extended Leadership Team level.
At Cancer Research UK we believe that our science is the key to winning the fight against cancer. But that doesn’t mean we only hire researchers, doctors and nurses. We actually have 3,500 talented people employed across our large, complex, dynamic and diverse charity, 300 of whom work in Technology.
We use a wide variety of technologies that we’d hope the person in this role would be familiar with (principally AWS, as well as Docket, VMware, Ansible etc), and would also be looking for the successful candidate to have skills with applications such as Linux and CI/CD pipelines.
You can help us beat cancer through your…
- Strong Incident Management and troubleshooting skills
- CI/CD & DevOps practices
- Ability to communicate information to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Our relentless drive towards beating cancer means that we’re constantly trying new avenues, which means you’ll be flexible, driven, creative and open to new ideas and ways of working.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.
Applications will remain open until we find the successful candidate and we will be interviewing in mid November. Please do apply as soon as you can!