Working for a global organisation, delivering a large complex which will have a direct impact on public safety.
The Senior iOS Developer role is for a senior software developer, working as part of the Mobile Apps Software Development Team, developing Law Enforcement apps.
The principal duties of the roles are:
* Providing technical leadership within Scrum team, mentoring junior members
* Designing, developing and implementing new software functionality.
* Fixing defects which are found with existing software
* Identifying and implementing appropriate unit testing.#* Writing technical documentation for software developed.
* Providing input into user interface design.
* Contributing to Scrum processes and ceremonies
These tasks require:
* Understanding the architecture and design of specific product suites.
* Investigating capabilities and functionality of systems and technologies our software interacts with.
* Understanding the Scrum framework, and contributing to the Scrum processes and ceremonies.
* Keeping abreast of the latest technologies in the market and quickly picking up new technologies as and when required.
* A Degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
* Experience of development of complex mobile apps for iOS
* Demonstrated experience with industry best-practices, including Agile methodologies, test driven development and code reviews.
* Experience architecting, designing and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software
* Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers.
* Experience working in Swift (2.x – 4.x).
* Designing, implementing and maintaining an iOS application codebase
* Familiarity with Core Data, UIKit and other Apple frameworks
* Standard Git workflow
* Jenkins/Fastlane or other similar CI systems
* Working with RESTful API calls/Familiarity with JSON.
* Experience of the following technologies would also be of benefit: Objective C, Android development, Programmatic Video capture and processing
This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a different and get involved in complex, challenging green work.
– SmartSourcing provides services as an Employment Agency and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of age, race, religion, disability, age, gender or sexual orientation.