|Location / Region:||
Isle of Skye Distillers is an independent gin distillery based in Portree on the Isle of Skye. As it continues to grow, the company is now looking to expand its UK focus to the international market. They are offering an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to develop and implement an in-depth international marketing strategy and to enhance the UK brand.
The successful candidate will focus on strengthening consumer awareness of the brand in the UK and internationally, with the aim of generating export sales.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Develop a comprehensive 3-year international marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement an 18-month social media strategy. Consider using platforms such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics or equivalent tools and introducing KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Carry out detailed research into which international markets to target.
- Begin to implement the steps identified in the marketing plan and strategy.
- Work closely with the company directors on public relation events to increase brand awareness.
- Take ownership of content creation for the company’s social media accounts, creating engaging blogs and developing new campaigns aligned with the new social media strategy.
- Capture, analyse and react accordingly to the results of the company’s marketing activities.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Thomas Wilson on .
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum HNC Level, preferably related to Marketing, Business Studies, Communications. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and its principles.
- Creative, with the ability to write engaging content.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Numerical and IT skills.
- Digital advertising knowledge/experience.
- Knowledge of international markets.
- Experience using SEO analytics tools and social media scheduling platforms.
- PR/Communications experience.
Additional training will be provided if required and on successful completion of the placement there may be the potential for continued employment.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Preferred start date: 02/03/2020
Founded by the Wilson Brothers in 2016, Isle of Skye Distillers built their craft distillery in Portree, where full production of Misty Isle Gin and other spirits are created and finished. Isle of Skye Distillers also have their own shop and gin school in the village of Portree.