|Location / Region:||
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has a new opportunity for a Virtual Security and Network Operations Centre Manager, reporting directly to the CTO. The successful candidate will lead a newly developed function within Information Technology that encompasses the virtual Network Services and Security Operations Centre.
The role will lead, guide and direct a small team to ensure that it delivers appropriate responses to network and security incidents in a timely fashion as well as to provide advice to senior management upon such incidents to include remediation and de-risking activities that that might be conducted in the immediate, short and medium terms. This will include monitoring, logging and analysis of all relevant systems, detailed analysis of network traffic and behaviours to define, maintain and update policy and compliance in addition to ensuring the delivery of safe, reliable, secure, and cost-efficient services that meet the needs of the business.
- Lead the Network and Virtual Security Operations Centre teams, managing personal and team development and training in accordance with Raytheon’s leadership behaviours and employee policies and procedures.
- Contribute to departmental alignment to ensure the delivery of strategic, departmental and business objectives.
- Prioritise staff workloads in line with demand, priorities and housekeeping and maintenance tasks ensuring that any staffing, support and availability related risks to the service are understood and mitigated.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with relevant Health and Safety, and Data Privacy policies and guidelines.
- Comply with IT assurance, governance and policies to ensure the confident and auditable delivery of service.
- Contribute to the company annual financial cycle through setting and meeting (or exceeding) financial objectives through improved cost management, team utilisation, and customer billable work opportunities.
- Ensure that Service Improvement Plan(s) exist, are understood, communicated and executed for all services within the portfolio
- Ensures that relationships with third party suppliers and support organisations are managed effectively and within contractual commitments.
- Provide on-call / out of hours escalation support
- Ensure the correct management and treatment of risk pertaining to your area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the Network and Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Perform threat management, threat modeling and threat vector identification, and develop associated use cases for security monitoring
- Create management reports, dashboards and metrics for Network and SOC operations.
- Oversees the design, installation, maintenance, administration and support of Raytheon UK voice and data networks
- Ensures that documentation, support procedures and rota/cover arrangements are implemented and maintained by team members
- Oversee the management of team deliverables: Tickets, Small Works Projects and, Technical leadership of major implementation and upgrade projects to ensure that these are reviewed and accurately updated within agreed process.
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled DR exercises for the service portfolio
- Experience of a leadership role in a Network Operating Centre (NOC) and knowledge of network systems, including design, troubleshooting, maintenance, Technical and Security operations.
- Working knowledge of VoIP, DNS, IPAM, VPN, IPSec, BGP & OSPF routing, load balancers, optimisers and proxies.
- Experience of a leadership role in a Security Operations environment to include operation of standard security tools such as SIEM, vulnerability management and understanding of security architectures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and security management tools.
- Experienced and provides clear leadership and clarity of thought in problem solving and troubleshooting complex issues where information may not be readily available
- Knowledge and solid understanding of industry best practices.
- Culturally aware, able to work with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and influencing.
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Prior experience of defence or highly regulated technical industry.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Other professional certifications: CISSP, GSEC, PMP
- Experience working with enterprise load balancer technologies such as Netscaler or F5
- Training and knowledge of Health and Safety risk assessments, method statements and safe working practices.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter .
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.