Growth & Marketing Manager
Location: Second Home, Clerkenwell, Central London, UK
Contract type: permanent, flexible full-time
Reporting to: Managing Director
Compensation & Perks:
- £35,000 plus annual professional development budget
- 20 days holiday allowance plus bonus days over the Christmas period
- We offer generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- We believe productivity and wellbeing go hand in hand. You’ll be able to shape your working hours, have access to the Second Home wellness programme and get inspired through regular talks from industry leaders.
- Dog friendly office space filled with plant life
Carefree is an award winning social tech charity on a mission to fuel the future of caregiving.
We work with the hospitality industry and public sector agencies to transform under-utilised assets into real resource for the unpaid caregivers that make up the invisible backbone of our health and social care system.
Our moonshot is to create a Caring Economy that helps to support the wellbeing of caregivers and, specifically, that turns 1% of the 1 million UK hotel rooms left unsold each week into short respite stays for caregivers.
By combining new economic thinking with tech-driven solutions, Carefree is at the cutting edge of social innovation, winning the 2019 UK Breakthrough of the Year Third Sector Award and financial backing from highly regarded corporate and philanthropic institutions such as Baillie Gifford, Bespoke Hotels, The National Lottery Digital Fund, Social Tech Trust and Stobart Group.
We’re looking for a Growth & Marketing Manager to join our growing team and help drive digital and offline marketing, branding, positioning and community building.
Our brand has been developed by Pentagram, one of the world’s leading design agencies. You’ll define how we drive our brand forward by developing our growth strategy from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone with new ideas on tackling the digital exclusion challenges our users face; and who’s excited to work with the latest technology and no code tools in a data driven way to drive social impact.
As a digital-first organisation, team members are expected to continuously apply a “live-learning” agile approach, to share actionable insights for improving Carefree’s model and support the delivery of OKR goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving digital and offline marketing, branding, positioning and community building across our stakeholder groups (accommodation providers, caregivers, referral partners, donors and public sector agencies)
- Actively investigating and testing different channels, touching paid, organic, digital and offline opportunities to learn what works best
- Defining, measuring and understanding growth metrics
- Deploying a continuous ‘live-learning’ agile approach
- Developing and executing a scalable outreach strategy for signing up caregivers to our service and thriving online community of members and supporters
- Building a lead generation pipeline for accommodation donor acquisition and manage the CRM for the Business Development team to execute on
- Managing website, blogs, email campaigns, events, webinars, newsletters, PPC (AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram)
- Performing analysis and review of AdWords and Google Analytics performance
- Content creation (Mailshots, Ads, Website copy, etc)
- Developing a broad understanding of the hospitality industry and caregiver sector while keeping abreast of new trends and developments
- Making Carefree a thought-leader and go-to social innovator in the Sharing Economy space
- Working closely with the MD and the product team on product improvements based on received user feedback
- Minimum 3 years proven experience of digital marketing, including strategy, building, managing and writing content, managing campaigns and website CMS
- Proficient use of tools and no code automation products e.g. Mailchimp, Airtable, Zapier Google Analytics, WordPress
- Startup and/or Public Relations experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you “keep it simple” and make complicated details and problems understandable to a non digital/technical audience
- Strong analytical skills with an adeptness for using data and insights in decision making
- Keen interest in social innovation through technology and circular/sharing economy movement
- Passion for the charity’s mission and personal investment in its success
- Willingness to work with an open and generous spirit to provide support to Carefree colleagues as and where appropriate and useful
- Applications will be reviewed for fit and given an initial accept/reject within 5 days
- Successful applicants will be invited for a 30-minute phone screener
- Applicants who pass the phone screener will be invited for an in-depth, 90-minute interview (in-person or remote, as appropriate)
- Optional: Additional interview with CEO
- Final offer discussed and made to successful candidate
We are an equal opportunities employer and firmly believe that diverse teams create better Work. As such we welcome a broad range of perspectives, approaches and background in Applicants.
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer these at convenient times outside of work hours. We can support travel costs outside of London if we take you to an interview stage.
Please note, this job description is subject to annual review to reflect changes to internal and external factors.
How to Apply:
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter by midnight on Friday 31 January explaining why you are a good fit for the role requirements and Carefree.