We are looking for a skilled Cyber Security Analyst to start immediately. You will be responsible for supporting the successful operation of a developing ISMS. The role operates in a fast-paced environment that is responsible for maintaining the security of technology solutions whilst supporting business processes.
What team will I be part of?
Architecture team within the Technology department – one of their visions is to enable successful business change ensuring value from key measures such as security, compliance, continuity, manageability and flexibility.
You will work closely with Solutions Architects and Technical Architects (Security, Infrastructure, Application, and Data) within the Architecture team. Collaboration with other teams include Product Management, Project Management, Test, Service Operations and Global Technology and Risk Management (GTRM).
Who will my customers be?
- Global Technology Risk Management – assisting with global security risk remediation and incident investigation
- Project Management – providing concise risk identification with current projects
- Product Management – governing risk remediation with product partners
What will my key accountabilities be?
- Perform security risk assessments against ongoing projects and products
- Operate security risk management within ISMS
- Drive creation of security policies and standards for the organisation
- Plan and execute operating models for security tools
- Design and recommend secure solutions
- Assist with security incident triage, investigation, containment and remediation
- Prepare partner reports that document security incidents
- Monitor the latest IT security trends and threats
- Drive lessons learned and remediation activities throughout the organisation
- Recommend security improvements
Our Culture and Your Background
What background do I need to have?
Successful fulfillment of your rotations prepares you for placement within one of our Global Technology teams where you will continue growing your career with McDonald’s. In addition, the capabilities we will help you acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, so know that beginning your career in the McDonald’s Leadership Program is choosing to give yourself options.
- BSc or MSc degree in Cyber Security, Information Security or an equivalent qualification
- Proven understanding of Cyber/Information Security fundamentals
- Critical thinking as a means of relating security controls to business needs
- Computer Literate – proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Communication – able to adapt style and content to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Quick learner to understand and apply new skills and techniques
- Technically minded – understand common computing concepts and learn new tools and software
- Ability to operate calmly and efficiently in fast paced situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation/demonstration
- Ability to seek problems by considering multiple options and tailoring solutions
- Pro-active and can operate independently and with initiative when required
- Strong strategy, process and policy design skills
- Understanding of security frameworks e.g. Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, NIST
- Placement or similar experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
What are McDonald’s Cultural Pillars?
Customer Obsessed: Proud to exceed the customer’s expectations at every visit through great food and great hospitality:
- Every visit, every day, our customers always come first
- By delivering an outstanding, welcoming hospitality experience, we create delicious feel-good moments for customers
- We listen, we respond, we care
Better Together: Proud of the way we work together to make a difference to our business, our people, our communities and the planet:
- Our employees are valued and empowered
- We leverage the power of the system – licensees, suppliers and employees
- We unleash the power of our diversity
- We win together
Committed To Lead: Proud to be a leading, world-class organisation
- We never settle – we’re never done
- We prioritise our commitments to focus on growth
- We commit to being the best and to making a positive difference by using our scale for good