Young start-up company building software products. We need someone who can join the existing devs and data scientists. You will need to slot into the product development, add new features and capabilities per existing plans, then document and describe it so that the knowledge is captured and not lost. We also want suggestions (then designs, implementations, documentation) for new features.
* SC preferred
* Remote Working
* Interview process – 2 stage prob remote / video
* 5 days a week – the role is likely to continue for 12 months
* Outside IR35 – will be an objectives and outcomes based contract role. Specific outcomes will be agreed on a rolling basis and objectives will take 5-30 days each to complete. Specific deliverables can be discussed after an introductory briefing and completion of a NDA
We need engineers who get things done, but who work to the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. You need to be someone who can build, design and communicate. You need to be able to get inside the head of the various users, work out what will make their lives a thousand times easier, then build it. We test pragmatically and build automatically and we are constantly improving the quality of our codebase.
Specific overarching technologies and tools you need to know:
* React, Redux, MaterialUI (also Bootstrap, but we’re focusing on MaterialUI)
* RESTful interfaces – using and implementing
* ElasticSearch and SQL DB’s (you don’t have to be a ninja, but you need to know the basics)
* CI, unit testing (Jest, Cosmos, prettier, husky, etc)
* Knowledge and experience of Docker, distributed architectures, Android and VR is a bonus and needed soon, but these are not needed right now