This post is an exciting opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Researcher (or equivalent demonstrable industry / research experience) to work as the Research & Development (R&D) Project Lead, leading on the operational delivery of a novel collaborative fashion-tech project, between the Digital Anthropology Lab at London College of Fashion (UAL) and AWAYTOMARS. The role will suit a well-qualified candidate with relevant industry experience, seeking a move into academia, or a Postgraduate level researcher, seeking to get hands-on experience with a very exciting start-up project.
The successful candidate will work with the management, commercial and technical teams at AWAYTOMARS, an innovative company looking to disrupt and enrich the creative and design process through their co-creation platform, and research experts in digital design and technology at the Digital Anthropology Lab at the London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London.
The principal aim of the project is to deliver a better user experience and functionality through the AWAYTOMARS co-creation platform. This will include front and back end software development, including managing UX across areas of co-creation, visual search, and AI.
The role requires an experienced computer scientist/developer with appropriate research and industry experience. The role also requires excellent organisational and project management skills.
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. UAL is a world top-two university for art and design in the QS World University Rankings® 2019. We offer an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Our graduates go on to work in and shape the creative industries worldwide. Our research addresses local, national and global issues, in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework 83% of our research was rated world leading or internationally excellent.
- PG or Doctoral qualification in the area of computer science or equivalent and relevant research and/or industry experience -ideally in areas such as co-creation, AI, UX, emerging business models. (essential)
- Relevant experience of product development within the technology sector. (essential)
- Comprehensive knowledge of crowd-participation and AI for image search with graphic skills gained through research and/or relevant R&D industry work. (desirable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of UX design, back and/or front end development. (desirable
- Experience of working with co-creation and crowd-participation tools/methods.(desirable)
- Relevant experience in the fash-tech sector. (desirable)
- Experience of undertaking research and/or R&D with external collaborators. (desirable)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills. (essential)
For further details and to apply please click the “Visit website” button.
Closing date: 16 February :55.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university – a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.