The positions can be based at any of the organisation’s locations across the UK such as London, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcaste, Leeds, Nottingham, Cambridge and more.
Candidates MUST BE SC CLEARED – PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you do not hold a LIVE SC CLEARANCE (not expired)
The role is INSIDE IR35 – £550 Per Day
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To assist the SOC Manager and wider ICT Security Team in providing a high level of cyber security assurance to the organisation and onward assurance to other departments, agencies and commercial organisations as required.
* Provide additional horizon scanning capability for new and emerging Cyber threats, utilising current Threat Intelligence Platform technologies, further developing and documenting security monitoring processes and procedures.
* Undertake rapid analysis of third party security reports and liaise with others in ICT to facilitate the removal of legacy assets and vulnerable assets to mitigate cyber risk.
* Undertake technical analysis and presentation of security related data and its interpretation for regular internal publication to the Senior Management Committee, other security related committees and wider UK Government Departments.
* Contribute to formal Cyber Risk Assessments, providing technical and procedural advice to staff who are system owners.
* Contribute to the preparation of the ICT Network Infrastructure for annual security audits and assessments, working closely with ICT Security Colleague and the wider ICT workforce.
* Ensure that any hardware, software, operating systems or associated technology is designed, procured and delivered in the most efficient and cost-effective manner and that all resources are used in such a way that maximizes the benefit to the organisation.
* Hold a strategic view of their own specialist area, keep the managers apprised of strategic developments and contribute to the wider ICT strategy and delivery plan.
* Administration of user accounts using ADAC, particularly for restricting network access, modification of user permissions, and removal of staff accounts for security purposes.
* Ensure compliance with company ICT Security Policies as directed by the SOC Manager, or other relevant manager.
* Influence senior stakeholders with business driven cyber security information risk management strategies, policies and practices.
* Work across the ICT Security team to provide support as required in related roles and provide cover for absent colleagues as required.
* Maintain awareness of technical developments in ICT Security and National Security Threat with a view to providing advice to ICT Security Colleagues on suitable technical and procedural strategies for the organisation.
* Undertake work as directed by line management and consistently with departmental standards and to agreed time scales.
* As required, during an incident participate with other ICT Security colleagues for out-ofhours or extended periods of emergency support provision.
* Comply with Departmental requirements for staff management activities, including the reporting of all absences and completion of Performance Development processes.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy