|Location / Region:||
This is a high-profile role working in support of the Account Director, a role of critical importance in the development, growth and client management of not only their key account (the single largest contract in the UK worth £5million), but the opportunities being developed across the wider public sector. The individual who joins this function will be responsible for driving relationships just below executive level, building trust and rapport with operational users as well as those who create ‘User stories’ and product specifiers. The role is to gather market intelligence, identify current and potential needs and have the initiative to ensure that critical information is passed on appropriately to the Account Director in order to formalise a complete picture of the opportunities internally within Government and cross-functionally across Departments and their Agencies. Working extremely closely with the Account Director, the successful candidate will have personal responsibility for identifying where Abaco’s products could be expanded operationally and further utilised to drive revenue. The Account Manager will work strategically with the Account Director and where required, step in, to leverage potential that could otherwise have been overlooked.
Previous experience of key account management with a strategic bias, in a fast-growth situation is relevant here, but so is understanding the nuance of longevity over short-term cash delivery. The successful candidate will have high emotional and political intelligence, influencing skills, the capability to ask the right open questions that leads to smart thinking and closing the opportunities that follow. They will also possess the strength of character to ask for the business where necessary with those with whom they’ve built their key relationships.
Previous experience managing Governmental or similar accounts will be of great benefit, as will experience of understanding where influence sits (particularly if it is not immediately evident).
Key Experience Required:-
- A track record of new business sales and account management
- Familiarity with selling software technology into Central Government or the wider public sector
- Personal drive and the ability to work autonomously
- Comfortable with technology, able to rapidly assimilate new technologies and talk with fluency and ease on the matter
- An understanding of the geospatial market and its benefits
- Commercially savvy and a knowledge of how services are procured in the public sector
- An excellent personal manner, with high emotional intelligence combined with a high intellect
- Is working in or is so closely aligned to Government as to be very familiar with the structures and hierarchies
- Politically astute
- Capable of working as part of a team in a support capacity and an ability to take direction and leadership